Skin Peels are the perfect way to stimulate your skin in between your usual facial appointments or as an initial course to get your skin into better shape.
So what are skin peels?
Skin peels are a deep exfoliating treatment using active natural acids. There are a number of different naturally occurring acids used for skin peels. The type of peel used for your skin will depend on your skin and your skins needs.
What results are achieved with skin peels?
- Deep Exfoliation to remove only dead skin cells
- Overall Skin Rejuvenation
- Skin Brightening
- Reduce Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Reduce High Colour
- Smoother Skin
- Softer Skin
- Hydrated Skin
- Reduce Pigmentation
- Reduce Melasma
- Reduce Inflammation & Acne
- Increase Collagen Production
- Improved Skin Texture
- Improved Skin Tone
Skin Peels are a stand alone treatment as well as incorporated into some facials for better results. Please see the information below in treatment options.
Stand Alone Treatments:
- AOX Clinical Skin Peel System - £55 This treatment uses a number of skin peels and actives in one. 10% Ferulic Acid which is derived from fruits. Ferulic acid is a powerful anti oxidant, with powerful protection action. It protects cellular DNA against solar damage. Protecting the dermal structure (collagen, elastin & capillaries) Also controlling pigmentation issues by controlling the action of tyrosinase enzyme to prevent dark spots. It also helps to strengthen capillary walls. 10% Bionic Acid which is packed with AHA's (Alpha hydroxy acids) & new newest form of PHA's (Polyhydroxy Acids). Bionic Acid had a greater exfoliating action, it hydrates, firms, tones and protects the skin, improving the quality of collagen and elastin. 1% Retinol. Increases Cell Turnover or better tone, texture & hydration.
- Mandelic Acid - 40% - £55 - For Sensitive and acne prone skin, also suitable for rosacea. For fine lines, melasma, dilated pores, pigmentation & uneven skin tone and seborrhoea. This peel is hydrating, it is antimicrobial and will encourage epidermal cellular renewal.
- Glycolic Acid - 50% - £55 - For Fine lines and wrinkles, loss of skin firmness, dull and devitalised skin, photoaged skin and keratosis.
- Lactic Acid - 50% - £55 - For sensitive and dry skin types, fine lines and rosacea.
- Salicylic & Azelaic Acid - £55 - For acne, acne scaring, actinic keratosis (solar keratosis caused by sun damage) and seborrhoea.
For best results it is advised to enjoy a course of 6 skin peels, taken every 2 weeks. Then every 8-12 weeks maintenance.
A course of x6 peels is £300
Please note this treatment is not suitable for people with the following conditions:
- Open sores - active acne
- Hypersensitive skin
- Skin that does not heal correctly
- Dermatitis (on the face)
- Inflammatory Rosacea
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Active psoriasis
- Chemotherapy or radiotherapy
- History of auto immune disease
There is after care protocol to skin peels. please be aware that this will be discussed at your consultation, any items needed will be added to your first.